Beyond Beirut goals:
· To create awareness of the importance of tourism beyond the city limits of Beirut as an economic driver.
· To promote rural tourism as a means for sustainable economic and community development
· To introduce and support the concept of destination development
· To empower communities with the means and tools to actively develop their assets
· To enhance job creation and retention
· To conserve natural and cultural heritage
· To enhance quality of tourism service
· To encourage business to business linkages as an essential potential for economic growth
· To encourage public/private partnerships
· To develop, sustain and expand an integrated network of marketing channels to create a pull demand for tourism in areas beyond the city limits of Beirut
Latest NewsFresh News from Beyond Beirut
Our first forum will be held on October 5th, 2011. This Lebanese Sustainable Tourism Forum, organized by Beyond Beirut, is the first of its kind to promote dialogue and linkages among local tourism stakeholders and to involve entrepreneurs and municipalities in rural areas with national tourism stakeholders, in an effort to expand sustainable tourism across the value chain to all regions of Lebanon.
With the support of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Hospitality Services and Beyond Beirut in the presence of presidents of municipalities, U.S. Embassy representatives, tourism stakeholders and non-governmental organizations, launched the first issue of “Lebanon Traveler” magazine on June 29 2011 at 11 am in Falamanki Café, Beirut. Read more