Beyond Beirut is organizing The First Forum on National Sustainable Tourism Development.
“Lead, Sustain, Engage”.
October 5th, 2011 at UNESCO Palace, Beirut.
What is this FORUM about?
This Lebanese Sustainable Tourism Forum, organized by Beyond Beirut, is the first of its kind to promote dialogue and linkages among local tourism stakeholders and to involve entrepreneurs and municipalities in rural areas with national tourism stakeholders, in an effort to expand sustainable tourism across the value chain to all regions of Lebanon.
Why this FORUM?
-To assert sustainability as essential in the tourism development equation.
-To reveal hidden tourism potentials in rural Lebanon.
-To create awareness, among local tourism stakeholders, on the importance of raising the standards of the services they offer.
- To provide professional help on how to present these services to position themselves on the map of tour operators
- To initiate the development of innovative tourism packages involving new areas.
- To expose rural areas and tour operators to current international tourism trends.
Why should you attend?
If you are a municipality representative, a member of a local development committee or a local community tourism provider:
- To establish fruitful contacts with national tourism providers;
- To be exposed to the requirements of national tourism providers and the constraints they face to better address them;
- To position your services and your region within the value chain;
-To get inspired for new products and new services;
-To channel this inspiration towards internationally recognized tourism trends.
If you are a national tourism provider:
- To be exposed to new rural potentials and services.
- To pave your way to your active participation in the economic development of rural areas and thus bring a value added to your operation in the form of CSR.
- To get confirmation that your growth strategy is aligned with international trends.
If you are an NGO working on rural tourism development:
- To be exposed to international tourism trends.
- To get exposed to active communities and potential beneficiaries.
- To get exposed to the requirements of national tourism providers and the constraints they face to better address them in your work with your beneficiaries.
This Forum is comprised into four main sessions and an exhibition
Session I: Market Driver Firms- International niche market potentials for Lebanon
Session II: Local Initiatives with Potentials for International Marketing
Session III: Identifying Gaps and Initiating Competition Approach through Joint Efforts for Beyond Beirut Campaigns and Brand Development
Round Table: Discussions & Recommendations
Topic I: Next Steps for Follow up – Where “Beyond Beirut” Can Fill the Gap (quality)
Topic II: Next Year Forum and Side Events Till Then
Topic III: Planning Campaign to Create Full Demand for Tourism in the Regions
Along side with the Forum, an exhibition will be held from 11.00 to 12.00 and between 15.00 and 17.00. Beyond Beirut wanted this exhibition to offer all forum visitors the opportunity to meet its network of tourism providers by inviting more than 30 exhibitors/local entrepreneurs who will present their unique and authentic tourism products.
This exhibition is a platform for all stakeholders to develop unique packages fitting with new trend in tourism and initiate direct linkages between the two ends of the tourism industry value chain: the local providers and the market driver firms.
Who will attend?
Attendance to this forum is by invitation to major players in the tourism sector such as:
- Tour operators and travel agents active on developing new marketing directions.
- Local communities involved in developing tourism in their region such as municipalities
and local tourism committees.
- Government organizations
- NGO and Non-Profit Organizations
- Local tourism providers such as hotel and guest-house owners and local guest houses.
- Officials from Ministry of Tourism, Lebanon
- Heads of tourism associations
- Tourism experts from LBLI and Beyond Beirut
- Experts in tour operations in Lebanon
- USAID economists
Become a sponsor to our Forum! Click below and download our Forum Sponsorship Package:
FORUM SPONSORSHIP PACKAGE
Registration fees for Forum and Exhibition participation: Free
For more information, please call us on +961.3.016607 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org